There are many reasons why I recommend this book, Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus by Dusti Bowling:
- It’s really good.
- The main character, Aven, is funny, kind, interesting and cares a lot about her two best friends.
- It has really good mysteries in it.
- Aven has no arms and plays soccer.
- The story shows you what it means to have true friends.
- It teaches you not to be afraid and that you can do anything.
* Caitlin and I received this book as a gift from a friend. We have enjoyed talking about the characters, their struggles and trying to solve the mysteries in Aven’s life. When we finished the book, Caitlin immediately asked to write a book review. This is her first book review. I hope there are more reviews in her future.